The 2013 Awards Committee of the Librarians’ Assembly is now accepting nominations for two awards given by the General Library System Librarians’ Assembly. These awards are given in recognition of outstanding contributions to library services on the UW-Madison campus.
The Librarian of the Year awards are given to two members of the GLS staff. Faculty and academic staff are eligible– both those with librarian titles and those with other titles. Classified librarians are also eligible. One award is for a staff member with fewer than ten years of service in the GLS; the other is for a staff member with ten or more service years.
All staff are encouraged to submit nominations; there is no need to arrange for people to send in letters for one nominee or to collect signatures for your nomination, but keep in mind that not all committee members may be familiar with your nominee’s accomplishments. Please include everything that might be relevant. The deadline for submitting nominations is Monday, March 18. This year the award will be presented on Thursday, April 18th at The 2013 Librarians’ Assembly Awards Committee annual High Tea.
With each nominee, please include:
- Nominee’s name
- Category (under 10 years or 10 years+)
- Your reasons for the nomination
- Please send your nominations via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A list of past recipients my be found HERE.
- Librarian of the Year awards are funded by your contributions to the Librarians’ Assembly. Send your contributions to Julianne Haahr, the Librarian’s Assembly treasurer.
- This year’s committee includes: Josh Zimmerman, Michael Cohen, Michael Enyart. Casey Schacher, Ian Benton, John Solon, and Raina Bloom,