The Cooperative Children’s Book Center (CCBC) is part of the UW-Madison School of Education and is housed on the 4th floor of Helen C. White Hall, along with the School of Library and Information Studies. The first of the Friends of the CCBC’s biannual book sales will be held this Saturday, March 2, 2013.
At a glance
- What: Friends of the CCBC Book Sale
- When: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 8am-2pm
- Where: Room 4207, Helen C. White Hall (Library School Commons), 600 N. Park Street.
The sale will feature hundreds of new and gently used children’s and young adult books, including hardcover trade, formula nonfiction, paperback reprints, and more. The event is popular with school librarians and teachers, as well as community members with an interest in education and good children’s and YA literature.
Members of the Friends receive special discounts on many volumes; anyone is welcome to join the Friends of the CCBC at the door (see membership rates). For more details on the event, visit the Friends of the CCBC Book Sale online.
Pricing & payment information
- Hardcover fiction, including novels for children, tweens, and teens: $2.00 (Buy 5 or more at $1.00 apiece)
- Paperbacks (all types): $2.00 /$1.00 for Friends of the CCBC members.
- Hardcover Picture Book, Non-Fiction and Beginning Readers: $4 / $3 for all Friends of the CCBC members
- Most books 2006 or earlier are just $1.00 / bag
- Cash, checks, or institutional purchase orders (please bring tax exempt number) are welcome.