Foreign & International Government
Documents at Memorial Library
This section is currently under construction. If you need assistance with foreign or international government documents, please...
- See or call the librarians at the Reference Desk, 262 Memorial Library, (608) 262-3242
- Contact Beth Harper, Government Documents Reference Librarian, (608) 262-9852; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check MadCat: Many of the UW-Madison Libraries' government documents from foreign countries and international governmental bodies are listed in the campus's online catalog, MadCat, http://ezproxy.library.wisc.edu/login?url=http://madcat.library.wisc.edu/
- For more information (i.e. titles, frequency) on kinds of documents published by governments of individual countries, see the book:
Guide to Official Publications of Foreign Countries, by the American Library Association Government Documents Round Table. 2nd rev. edition. [Bethesda, Md.]: CIS, c1997.
Location: Memorial Library Reference Desk, call number J9.5 G83 1997
- If you're looking for foreign or international government information on the Internet, the following web sites are good starting points:
- Foreign Governments, part of the University of Michigan Documents Center.
- Annotated links to government sites, as well as some commercial and non-profit sites with information on individual countries.
- Arranged alphabetically by region, then by country name.
- Governments on the WWW, compiled and maintained by Gunnar Anzinger.
- More than 15,000 entries from more than 220 countries and territories.
- Includes links to parliaments, ministries, offices, law courts, embassies, city councils, public broadcasting corporations, central banks, multi-governmental institutions etc. Also includes political parties.
- Includes links to U.S. federal agencies, to U.S. state governments, and to U.S. embassies in other countries.
- Organized alphabetically by continent, then by country name.
- Also has some links arranged by "category of institution" (i.e. "Heads of State," "Parliaments," "Law Courts").
- Available in English and German.
- International Statistical Agencies, compiled and maintained by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Links to the statistical agencies of 110+ countries, listed alphabetically by country.
- If a site does not contain information in English, that is usually noted.
International Governmental Organizations (IGOs)
Return to top of page
Government Documents at Memorial Library |
Memorial Library Home Page | UW-Madison Libraries
Last updated 10/07/10.
Created and maintained by:
Government Documents Reference Librarian
270 Memorial Library
728 State St, Madison, WI 53706