"VIETNAMESE WOMEN IN PRODUCTION AND FIGHTING"
Photo Caption No. 10 (Below)
In the former Resistance war against the French colonialists as well as in socialist construction and the struggle against the American aggressors at present, the Vietnamese women have made an important contribution.
RETURN to Vietnam Introduction Page
- 1) Ta-Thi-Kieu and Nguyen-Thi-Chien, two elite daughters of the Vietnamese people, the former a heroine of the South Vietnam Liberation Army and the latter a heroine of the Vietnam People's Army.
- 2) Madame Nguyen-Thi-Dinh, Deputy Commander of the South Vietnam Liberation Armed Forces talking with fighters of the Liberation Army.
- 3) Dao-Thi-Hao and Tran-Thi-Ly, tow other elite daughters of the Vietnamese people, elected heroines at the "Congress of Heroes and Emulation Fighters in the Struggle against American aggression, for National Salvation" (held in Hanoi in December 1966).
- 4) Tran-Thi-Gung [?], elite fighter of the South Vietnam Liberation Armed Forces.
- 5) The "Three Responsibilities" movement of the Vietnamese women is growing in scope. Photo: Members of the "scientific and technical group" Binh Da co-operative (Ha-Tay province, North Vietnam) making green compost from azollapinnata.
- 6) Nguyen-Thi-Lai, Deputy to the National Assembly, Chairwoman of the Bui agricultural co-op (Nam-Ha province, North Vietnam) carrying a motor to the co-op together with other co-op members.
- 7) Le-Thi-Lieu, member of the Management Committee of the Viet Hong co-op (Thanh Hoa district, Hai Duong province, North Vietnam), President of the Village Woman's Union, member of the Village Administrative Committee, reporting to co-op members on the co-op production plan.
- 8) Women workers of the Tran Phu Printing House (South Vietnam)
- 9) Women workers of the Commissariat of the South Vietnam Liberation Army.
- 10) Women worker of the Electrical Motor Workshop in Hanoi.
- 11) Probationers assembling radio-sets (North Vietnam).
- 12) A woman doctor at work in the oto-rhino-laryngology section for the Bach Mai hospital (Hanoi - North Vietnam).
- 13) Hong Tien, in charge of an infant class of Dong Phong village (Thai Binh - North Vietnam).
- 14) Learning while on the march (South Vietnam).
- 15) A complementary education class of an agricultural co-op (North Vietnam).
- 16) A song and dance ensemble (South Vietnam).
- 17) A group of women guerillas (South Vietnam)
- 18) Militia women of Tuyen Quang province training to shoot down U.S. airplanes (North Vietnam)
- 19) Digging combat trenches (South Vietnam)
- 20) Sharpening pointed sticks to make traps against the enemy (South Vietnam)
- 21) Shock youth of Hoang Hoa (Thanh Hoa province, North Vietnam) building roads to serve production and fighting.
- 22) Helping soldiers of the Liberation Army (South Vietnam)
- 23) Helping the soldiers (North Vietnam)
- 24) Bringing food supplies to the front (South Vietnam)
- 25) Firmly holding guns to defend the village