"CONGRESS OF HEROES AND ELITE FIGHTERS IN THE PATRIOTIC STRUGGLE AGAINST U.S. AGGRESSION"
Photo Caption No. 1 (Below)
- President Ho Chi Minh and other Party and State leaders attending the Congress.
- Present at the Congress were more than 500 heroes and model fighters from various branches of activity and from all corners of the country.
- The Congress has decorated 45 "Heroic-units" and 11 heroes and heroines.
NEXT Caption Sheet
- 1) At the opening session of the Congress, President Ho Chi Minh on behalf of the Central Committee of the Party, the National Assembly, the Government and the Vietnam Fatherland Front, welcomes the delegates to the Congress and also the great victories won by the South Vietnam people and army in the struggle against U.S. aggression and for national salvation.
- 2) Delegate to the Congress - Symbols of revolutionary heroism.
- 3) Comrade Le Duan, first Secretary of the C.C. of the Vietnam Worker's Party, converses with the delegates.
- 4) Premier Pham van Dong and the delegates.
- 5) Comrade [unclear, annotation is by hand] and the delegates.
- 6) General Vo-nguyen-Giap, vice-premier and Commander-in-chief of the Vietnamese People's Army, converses with the delegates.
- 7) Comrade [unclear, annotation is by hand] and the delegates.
- 8) Mr. Nguyen-Van-Tien, head of the Permanent Representation of the South Vietnam National Front for Liberation, converses with the delegates.
RETURN to Vietnam Introduction Page