Becoming a Member
Your membership in the Friends of the UW-Madison
Libraries is greatly appreciated and will help continue the tradition of supporting excellence in
Please note that the Friends Annual Giving Levels have changed as of July, 1, 2012.
Choose your level of Friends Membership
Contributing Individual Friends Membership, $40-$199: At this basic level of Friends membership, you will receive:
- Borrowing privileges to campus libraries
- Invitations to receptions, the Friends Annual Dinner, and other special events
- Friends publications
Contributing Household Friends Membership, $75-$199: All of the above plus borrowing privileges for additional household members
Sustaining Friends Membership, $200-$499: All of the above, plus:
- A special Tuesday night preview of the semiannual book sales
- A hand printed keepsake from Silver Buckle Press
- A one-year gift membership for a friend or relative
Benefactor Friends Membership, $500 & above: All of the above, plus:
- Custom library tour with Friends board member/s
Student Membership, $15
- Contributing Individual Friends Membership benefits
- Free admission to the Wednesday preview night of the semiannual book sales
Please allow six to eight weeks for us to process your membership; however, if you need your membership card sooner, contact the Friends office and we will be happy to expedite this for you. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
To become a Friends member, please send your check, payable to:
Friends of the UW- Madison Libraries
330H Memorial Library
728 State St.
Madison, WI 53706
Or contact the Friends at:
Phone: (608) 265-2505
Fax: (608) 265-2754
E-mail the Friends
Or join online with a major credit card through the University of Wisconsin Foundation. Be sure to indicate "libraries" under area of greatest need and add a note restricting the gift to "Friends of the UW-Madison Library."