Moving Citations from Social Science Research Network (SSRN) into RefWorks
In Social Science Research NetWork
- Make sure you have first signed up for a free SSRN user account. Go to the link on the top left of the main SSRN homepage and click First Time User? Free registration. Then sign up for an account with the SSRN database.
- After searching the SSRN database, click on the title of an article that you want to upload to RefWorks to get to the citation view.
- While in the citation view, scroll to the bottom and then select BibTex from the drop down menu labeled Export in.
- If you are not logged into the SSRN database, you will be prompted to log in.
- When the formatted citation appears in a new window, click on Edit, then Select All, then Copy from browser toolbar.
- Login to your RefWorks database if you have not already done so.
- Click References then click Import at the top of the screen.
- Select From Text.
- Select BibTex in the Import Filter/Data Source drop-down menu.
- Select Latex from the Database drop-down menu.
- Paste the copied information into the provided text box.
- Click Import.
Your citation(s) will automatically be imported into the Last Imported Folder.
You may now view your records and move them to the folder of your choice.
Please send comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org