Getting Information from RSS Feeds into RefWorks
RefWorks has integrated a RSS (Really Simple Syndication) Feed Reader so that you may add RSS Feeds from publishers and databases into your RefWorks account.
Adding RSS Feeds
- Locate the RSS feed you wish to include.
- Right mouse click on the RSS icon and select Copy Shortcut
- Login to your RefWorks account and select RSS Feed from the Search menu
- Paste the shortcut into the text bar and click on Add RSS Feed
- Your feeds will be listed alphabetically by the title of the feed which has been provided by the feed itself. The list will also include the feed providerís description.
To View RSS Data and Import
- Select RSS Feed from the Search menu
- Launch the RSS Feed by clicking on the name link.
- Select the records you wish to import by clicking on the appropriate checkboxes or click in the radio button next to All in List.
- Select a folder to import your records into from the Import to Folder drop-down menu.
- Return to your main RefWorks window and click on View Last Imported to see the feeds.
Please send comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org