Moving Webpage Information into RefWorks using RefGrab-It
RefGrab-It is a tool that works with your browser to capture citation information from web pages. You can then view and import that data into your RefWorks account.
Installing RefGrab-it as a Bookmarklet
- Click Tools, then click RefGrab-It.
- (Optional) Click Install Information for information on installing a browser-specific version of RefGrab-It.
- Install the appropriate plug-in/add-on for your browser, or install the bookmarklet.
Using RefGrab-ItYou may need to temporarily disable any pop-up blockers while accessing the RefGrab-It results.
- Login to your RefWorks database if you have not already done so.
- When viewing a desired web page click on the RefGrab-It link in your toolbar or bookmark list.
- The RefGrab-It window will open with references it has found. You can expand or collapse the results by clicking on the plus or minus icon.
- To view the full reference, click Show Details.
- To export a single reference, select the record and click Export to RefWorks.
- To export multiple references, select the records (or the Select All in Section option(s) or the All option at the top of the list to include all references on the page regardless of section) and click Import to RefWorks.
Your citation(s) will automatically be imported into the Last Imported Folder.
You may now view your citation(s) and move them to the folder of your choice.
Please send comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org