Moving Citations from Ingenta Databases into RefWorks
In an Ingenta Database
- First time users: Register for a personal account. Subsequent times: Login using your Ingenta username and password.
- Do a search in either "electronic content" or "fax/ariel" [generally refers to journals Ingenta indexes but for which Ingenta is not a vendor of online content]
- Click in the box to the left of each desired citation.
- Click Update marked list at top of results list.
- Click Marked List.
- Click Export options at right of screen.
- Click Plain text.
- Use your browse Select All and Copy commands.
- Login to your RefWorks database if you have not already done so.
- Click References then click Import at the top of the screen.
- Click From Text.
- Select Ingenta from the Import Filter/Data Source drop-down menu.
- Select Online Articles from the Database drop-down menu.
- Paste copied text in text box.
- Click Import.
Your citation(s) will automatically be imported into the Last Imported Folder.
You may now view your records and move them to the folder of your choice.
Please send comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org