Moving Citations from Gale Cengage Learning Opposing Viewpoints into RefWorks
WARNING: Some Opposing Viewpoints records export to RefWorks with incorrect Reference Types. For example, "Viewpoints" articles export as VIDEO/DVD or GENERIC reference types. Check the Reference Type for each record exported into your RefWorks Last Imported Folder and correct if necessary. See instructions below for editing the Reference Type. An incorrect Reference Type may cause your citations to format incorrectly. Always proofread your bibliography!
In Opposing Viewpoints
- Click the title of the article to display the full article.
- Click Citation Tools on the left of the screen.
- Click RefWorks under Export to third party software.
- Select RefWorks.
- Click Download.
Note: If the direct export to RefWorks does not work, save the text file. Then import the text file using the BIBSYS (RIS Import Format).
- Login to your RefWorks database if you have not already done so.
Your citation(s) will automatically be imported into the Last Imported Folder.
- Click VIEW LAST IMPORTED FOLDER. The REFERENCE TYPE (e.g. Journal Article, Generic Reference, Video/DVD Reference) appears in the gray bar above each record title.
- If the REFERENCE TYPE is not correct, click EDIT on the gray bar.
- Click in the REF TYPE drop-down menu and select the correct REFERENCE TYPE. Many records in Opposing Viewpoints should be assigned JOURNAL, ELECTRONIC or JOURNAL ARTICLE REFERENCE TYPE.
- Click SAVE REFERENCE.
You may now move your reocrds into the folder of your choice.
Please send comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org