Moving Citations from EndNote Libraries into RefWorks
Note: RefWorks has a feature that will allow you to upload your EndNote versions 8 or newer library directly into RefWorks. All other versions of EndNote will require you to export the records from EndNote and import them into RefWorks (see instructions at the end of this section).
EndNote 8 or newer
- Select Import EndNote V8+ Database from the References drop-down menu.
- Click on Browse and select the desired EndNote library
Optional: Select a folder into which your EndNote library will be imported.
- Click on Import
- Your records should automatically appear in the Last Imported folder or folder selected.
- Login to your RefWorks database if you have not already done so.
- Click on References and Import at the top of the screen.
- Select Desktop Biblio. Mgt. Soft. from the Import Filter/Data Source drop down menu.
- Select Endnote from the Database drop-down menu.
- At the Import Data from the following Text File box click on the Browse button to select the file name of your saved records.
- Click on Import.
- Your citation(s) will automatically be imported into the Last Imported Folder.
You may view the records or move them to the folder of your choice.
Please send comments or questions to email@example.com