Through UW-Madison Libraries, UW-Madison alumni now have access to RefWorks.
- If you no longer have a UW-Madison NetID and PASSWORD, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the UW-Madison RefWorks GROUP CODE. You are required to provide a uwalumni.com e-mail address to verify alumni status. Sign up for a free uwalumni.com e-mail address.
- Enter the GROUP CODE at the RefWorks Group Code Remote Access login site.
- Click GO TO LOGIN.
- Log into your RefWorks account with your LOG-IN NAME and PASSWORD.
Updating Your User Status
To help us track the number of alumni participating in this program, please change your RefWorks user status to "ALUMNI".
- Log into your RefWorks account.
- Click UPDATE USER INFORMATION in the TOOLS menu.
- Select ALUMNI in the TYPE OF USER drop-down menu.
- Click UPDATE.
Accessing Other Library Resources
Due to licensing agreements with our resource providers, only currently enrolled students and faculty & staff are permitted remote access to many library electronic resources, including electronic journals, article databases, and the FindIt links in your Refworks account. Refer to Visitor Information for details regarding on-site and off-campus access to library resources. WAA members have access to two online databases through the WAA Library Service. See also Fee-based Services.