What is it?
RefWorks is a web-based application accessed from the UW Library website that will help you…
- Gather references automatically from article databases while you research
- Format manuscripts and citations instantly in a variety of styles (MLA, APA, Turabian, etc.)
- Create and organize a personal research database online
- Access your information online from any computer, anywhere, anytime
- Share your databases with colleagues on campus and around the world
- Transfer references among applications.
Any UW-Madison student, faculty or staff can use RefWorks. It is provided for your use by the UW-Madison Libraries. Please note: the UW-Madison Libraries will no longer license RefWorks as of June 30, 2013. (After that date, users may purchase an individual license or transfer their citations to another program.)
For a list of citation managers supported by staff of the UW-Madison Libraries, please see our comparison chart. Library staff are happy to assist you in determining the best citation manager for your information needs. Please contact your liaison librarian or a member of the Citation Managers Working Group.