Importing PubMed Records into EndNote
NIH researchers: see special import filter for using EndNote to manage NIHMSIDs & PMCIDs.
- Click in the box to the left of desired records.
- Click SEND TO.
- Select FILE under CHOOSE DESTINATION.
- Select MEDLINE in the FORMAT drop-down menu.
- Click CREATE FILE.
- Name your file and SAVE as a .txt file.
- Open EndNote and choose the Library into which you want to import the citations.
- Choose IMPORT from the FILE drop-down menu.
- Click CHOOSE FILE at the IMPORT DATA FILE: box and find the file you just saved from PubMed.
- Select the PubMed_(NLM) filter at the IMPORT OPTIONS: box.
If you do not see this filter then click on OTHER FILTERS to see the complete list.
- Click IMPORT.