Tips to Avoid Library Charges
- Campus Libraries have varying loan policies. Be familiar with the loan policies of the library you intend to use.
- Occasionally check your Library Catalog Account to see what items are shown as being checked out to you.
- Always ask for a receipt upon returning your library materials. This is the best way of proving you did return items.
- If you ever have any questions about an item on your record or you receive a notice in error, contact the Circulation Office immediately.
If you have a question, or receive an overdue notice and want to discuss it with someone, contact the Memorial Library Circulation Office at (608) 263-7360, Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, or via email.
For State Historical Society overdue charges write to email@example.com.
Overdue Charges and Replacement Fees
Overdue Charges for Reserve Materials
- Hourly Reserves: a 2-hour grace period, followed by $2.00/hour fine with a maximum accumulated fine of $35.00 per each item
- Daily Reserves: No grace period. $5.00/day fine with a maximum accumulated fine of $35.00 per each item
Overdue Charges for Reserve Materials can be appealed by email or at Room 170 Memorial Library.
When an item has been overdue for 28 days it is considered lost and a replacement fee of at least $40 is assessed. The item may be returned or replaced, or the fee paid.Jump to top
Lost or Mutilated Items
Lost book or mutilation charges cannot be appealed. Lost items remain the property of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and must be returned if eventually found.
If you lose a book, you can pay a replacement fee or pay for a replacement copy. Some things to note:
- If you choose to pay the replacement fee, you can be reimbursed this fee if the original item is located, provided you are currently affiliated with the University.
- If you choose to get a replacement copy, you cannot be reimbursed if the original is found, nor will the replacement copy be returned to you.
NOTE: WE WILL NOT CANCEL LOST BOOK FEES FOR ITEMS THAT ARE SUBSEQUENTLY RETURNED IF WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF OR HAVE ALREADY REPLACED THE ORIGINAL.
Some other considerations with getting a replacement copy:
- The replacement copy must be an exact duplicate of the original; same edition, International Standard Book Number (ISBN), etc.
- If an exact duplicate cannot be found, the selector may agree to a different edition. You must obtain this approval prior to purchasing the replacement. Contact the Circulation Office (contact information below) to determine the appropriate selector.
- If the replacement copy is a paperback but the original was a hard cover copy, an additional binding fee may be assessed.
Refer any questions to the Memorial Library Circulation Office at (608) 263-7360, Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-4:00 PM, or via email.Jump to top
You may pay fines online, in person, by phone or by mail:
Online fine payment requires a valid NetID.
- In Person: Fines are paid at the Circulation Office, Room 170, Memorial Library. (Note: Fines incurred from the State Historical Society Library must be paid there.) The Circulation Office is open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday-Friday. Fines can be paid with Visa, MasterCard, check or cash.
- By Phone: Please call the Circulation Office at 608-263-7360 between 8:00am-4:00pm (CDT), Monday-Friday.
- By Mail: Checks made payable to "University of Wisconsin-Madison" can be sent to Memorial Library, 728 State Street, Room 170, Madison WI 53706
To appeal a Fine, use the Appeal of Library Charges form.Jump to top
Overdue materials can result in blocks being placed on your record. This will prevent you from being able to...
- register for classes
- get your transcripts
- get your diploma
- access to online resources (in some cases)
For help in resolving an account block, contact the Memorial Library Circulation Office at (608) 263-7360, Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-4:00 PM or via email. If the block has been placed by the Wisconsin Historical Society Library, you may be referred to them for further problem solving.Jump to top