The LI is a unique opportunity for honing your personal leadership capacities to support the University’s strategic priorities and diversity goals by participating fully as a leader within your work or educational context. It is a nine month long initiative where participants engage weekly in a sustained dialogue within a learning community. The community setting is safe and respectful, yet challenging. Through facilitated small and large group dialogues, reflective writing, readings, DVDs, activities and exercises, participants develop their leadership capacities to effectively interact with members of our community across multiple social identities (Gender, Class, Race/Ethnicity, Ability, Age, Sexual Orientation, etc.), and to build open, dynamic, and respectful working and learning environments for all.
Over the 9 months of LI, as a participant you can expect the following outcomes:
- To fully explore your, “spheres of influence” i.e. exploring how can you make a difference? ;
- To acquire tools and skills to help build inclusive working/teaching/living environments;
- To effectively interact and communicate across all human differences;
- To learn and practice ways of engaging with intercultural conflict;
- To build inclusive and equitable relationships across campus and the greater Madison community;
- And to develop confidence in your personal leadership style.
For more information about the program please contact Seema Kapani, Director of the Leadership Institute:
183 Bascom Hall
500 Lincoln Drive
Madison, Wisconsin 53706
608/262-6284 // 263-2378